Kids

Kids

Monday, March 5, 2012

Technologically Challenged

Well, my laptop crashed about 3 weeks ago and I was amazed at how much I missed it. I love information. I love when I hear a word, or have a question about anything, there is this amazing thing called Google that I can search until my heart’s desire for that answer that satisfies my curiosity. So, after 3 weeks I got to go buy a new laptop yesterday. Didn’t get home until later in the evening and couldn’t wait to get it out of that box. Caught up on my emails, facebook, pinterest, looked at a dining room table I have had my eye on for a while……….I was back in touch with the world. All is good. ???? Hahahahaha! I guess I was feeling a bit tech saavy so I went to apple.com to download my iTunes. 3 hours later the box still read that there was 4 hours left and it is now 11:30 pm and church starts at 8:30 am. I left it running and went to bed. When I got up this morning everything was just the same as it was when I went to bed. No iTunes on my new computer and no 0.5.1 (whatever??) on my iPhone. Ok. After church I decided to start the process again. It took approximately 4 hours and it gives me a successful check mark. The symbol comes on my phone that Sync is in Process. THEN I get a picture of the iTunes logo at the top and the phone cord at the bottom on my iPhone. That was all she wrote. Dead phone, unless you like the pic of iTunes with a cord below. True to technology form, I turn everything off and back on. Number one rule, right? That didn’t work. I thought maybe the battery was low so I plugged into the wall to let charge. No change. I then plugged it back into my laptop and my iTunes page on the laptop shows all my apps but it does not even recognize that my phone is plugged in. So, once again I am in withdrawal. No iPhone. That’s how I “talk” to my kids. Random texts during the evening and before bedtime. Wish me luck as I brave the AT&T store tomorrow. That is about as painful as not having that instant gratification of knowing what is going on around me with that phone. So, all my friends out there…………….I am still here. Just technologically impaired at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment