Kids

Kids

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day off

I took a vacation today.  Why do I always run out of day before I am done, though I did get a bunch done.  Started the day with mother's eye drops and then made a trip to the bank; to the CPA for a tax return for a company I keep books for; to another CPA to pick up my personal tax return; filled the car with gas; stopped to check out jewelry at On Main but ended up buying some kitchen cannisters; to Malone's for paint samples; home to eat some lunch; back to On Main for one more piece; cleaned and packed the dishes I took off my shelves; wash and dried 3 loads of clothes; pulled weeds and trimmed one landscape grass.  Why only one grass?  4 blisters on my hands before I was through.  Between my hand hurting and the pain shooting down my right leg from bending over I decided I needed to call it quits.  Supper is started on the stove, just waiting for Fred to get home.  Mother called and her neighbor is going to finish eye drops the rest of today, so all in all it has been a good day, plus a beautiful day.  I still want to go play a few holes of golf and wash the car but now that I have sit down........I am tired.



One of the hardest things is deciding on a color to pain the 4 doors on my house.  I have painted so many coats of different colors that I really need to sand them all down and start over.  Look at the colors taped to the left of the door.  Which one do you like?  At the very top is the color of my new siding.  The yellow on the door is the second shade of yellow/gold I painted.  Both panels were from paint samples I picked up at Walmart.  I don't like any of those 3 colors so I am back to square one.  Should I paint the doors the same color as the siding?    Help me decide.


1 comment:

  1. hmmm...I think I like the ones that do match your siding. Probably the top paint color or next to last. Hard to tell, though :) I've heard you should have three colors for the exterior of your home. Mine was only two until I added the yellow door and I'm not sure if that counts since it's just in that one spot.
    Missed you today, looks like you were busy!!!

    ReplyDelete