Kids

Kids

Thursday, March 8, 2012

I ♥ you

Today was a good day.  Not nearly as hectic as yesterday.  I think we got about two inches of rain, so it was cold, rainy and yucky unless you are a duck, but inside the confines of the office things were quiet, warm and calm. I think the rain kept everyone home. My co-worker has a sick baby so I was on my own and had no one to talk to me.  That makes for a really quiet day.  But, also makes for a long day.  I miss her when she isn't there. Say a prayer that they get and stay healthy for the weekend. 

My mom had cataract surgery last Friday and she has to have eye drops in her eyes four times a day.  Since she also suffers from Parkinson's she could not put the drops in her eyes by herself.  I have been there 3 times today in this downpouring rain but my beautiful daughter is going to do the late shift on her way home tonight. ♥  Hopefully today is the last day for her drops.  I know she did not like them at all.  She goes back for a checkup tomorrow.  Pray for no complications.

Came home, had a supper of fried chicken, green beans, fresh corn (from what I froze this summer) and mac and cheese. ♥  Now I am dry, warm and have a full belly.  Mmmm. 

Best part of the day....I finally got a call from my doctor and the nuclear stress test I had 3 weeks ago is okay.  No ♥ problems.  Whew. My dad died from a massive ♥ attack after suffering from ♥ disease for 30 years.  Everyone always needs to keep a check on those family history problems. I had been going to my daughter's spin classes and with each class I was getting wheezy, super short of breath and light-headed.  This would last for about an hour after each class.  The last class I went to made even me nervous as I drove home gasping for breath.  I made an appointment with my regular doctor and he referred me to a cardiologist.  The consult with the cardiologist showed an abnormal EKG and he set me up for a nuc med stress test.  Now, having worked for doctors for 28 years I knew it would take a bit for results, but folks, it would be 3 weeks tomorrow.  I kept telling myself that if there was really anything seen on the test SOMEONE would have called before now.  But, it still is a huge relief when you actually hear that.  Guess this means that I will have to start back into spin class and exercising Sunday afternoon. Exercise induced asthma is much better than ♥ disease.  Maybe I just won't push as hard as I did before.  Hearing this today makes me ♥ everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment