Kids

Kids

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Back in the saddle

Well, my pastor and boss, Bro. Ray had to go to Nashville today.  Nashville has the closest Apple Store to us.  He took my phone with him and the techs were able to get it back to a restore spot.  All I had to do when Bro. Ray brought it back to me was open my iTunes, connect my phone to the laptop and hit the screen they had ready for me to use.  It took me about 10 minutes and I have my phone again!!  All the pictures were there, all the contacts were there!  YAY!!  My apps were not there, but small price to pay to be up and running again.  I have had a chance to download Word With Friends and it picked up the games I had in progress, so life is good and I am back in the saddle again.  (Well, actually back on my couch - laptop in my lap and phone to my left)  Feels good.  LOL.

Also, to be back in the saddle, I started back in my ladies small group Bible study tonight.  We started Beth Moore's James.  Phenomonal first night of video.  It is exciting to be back studying God's word in the depth that Beth Moore takes you.  It is also great to have an accountability group to keep me doing the daily homework.  I always say when I am out of group I will keep studying, but little by little life gets in the way and I end up putting that on the back burner.  Good group.  Nine ladies wanting to learn and study together.  I am looking forward to this.

On a sad note, we lost a fine gentleman of our church today.  I feel deep sympathy for Mr. Cornette's family.  I am of the age where lots of my friends are losing their parents more often.  It is hard to believe I am as old as I am and that the generation of people we grew up with as leaders in our church are now going on to their heavenly home.  Rest in peace Mr. Cornette. 

No comments:

Post a Comment